By using the www.edwardbeiner.com website and/or making online purchases, you agree to the terms and conditions of Edward Beiner’s Policy. We will notify our customers and website users of any changes made to the Policy by publishing an updated Policy on our website. Following publication, your continued use of the www.edwardbeiner.com website, in-store options and online purchase services will constitute your acceptance of the new Policy.
We may offer the ability to connect to our website or use our applications, services, and tools using a mobile device either through a mobile application or via a mobile optimized website. The provisions of this Policy apply to all such mobile accesses and uses of mobile devices. This Policy will be referenced by all such mobile applications or mobile optimized websites.
- When is information collected?
- What type of information is collected?
- For what purpose is this information collected?
- Is the information shared with third parties?
- Your choices about receiving promotional communications
- What are cookies and how are they used on this site?
- How to access or change your personal information, withdraw your consent, make inquiries or lodge a complaint with regards to this Policy and Edward Beiner ‘s privacy practices?
- How long is your personal information retained?
- How is your personal information secured?
- Mobile privacy
WHEN IS INFORMATION COLLECTED? -
You can visit our stores or our website without disclosing personal information.
However, we will collect information in the following cases:
- Making an eye exam appointment online, by telephone, or in store
- Making a frame fitting appointment online
- Creating a patient file in store
- Creating an online customer account
- Purchasing in store or online
- Subscribing to our newsletters or promotional communications
- Entering a sweepstake or answering a survey
- E-mailing questions or comments
- Edward Beiner does not collect financial data such as credit card or financing information.
WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED? -
FOR WHAT PURPOSE IS THIS INFORMATION COLLECTED? -
Edward Beiner can use your personal information for but not limited to the following:
- Processing your order or answering your questions regarding this order;
- Confirming your eye exam or frame fitting appointment;
- Sending eye exam reminders;
- Manufacturing a product purchased online or in store;
- Sending promotional communications such as newsletters or exclusive offers;
- Inviting you to answer a survey or enter a sweepstake;
- Contacting you to answer a survey in order to improve our products or customer service.
- You can unsubscribe to promotional communications at any time. Refer to the “Your choices about receiving promotional communications” section.
IS THE INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES? -
We may share your personal information with the head office of Edward Beiner – New Look Vision Group – if you visit our web site at www.edwardbeiner.com, make in store or online purchases, enter a sweepstake, answer a survey or receive promotional communications. New Look Vision Group can communicate with you (by e-mail, mail, or otherwise) and provide you with information about the Group’s product or services that might interest you, or collect additional information and use that information subject to and for other purposes contemplated by this Policy.
We do not sell or lease your personal information to non-affiliated third parties except as permitted by law. However, in the event of a sale of all or substantially all of our business or another similar transaction, we may transfer or disclose your personal information to a purchaser or prospective purchaser, who may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes of evaluating the proposed transaction or operating and managing the affairs of the acquired business, or for other purposes identified in this Policy.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests, and as necessary to protect the property, interests and rights of Edward Beiner.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS -
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information from us, or if you do not want us to use your information to enhance your shopping experience (such as eye exam reminders), please let us know by using one of the following methods: call us at (786) 443 – 9109, e-mail us at email@example.com or send a request to Edward Beiner Customer Service at email address. Please be sure to include your full name, telephone number and e-mail address. It may take up to two (2) weeks to process your postal mail request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from Edward Beiner. You may also unsubscribe from our e-mail services by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any promotional message you receive from Edward Beiner.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW ARE THEY USED ON THIS SITE? -
HOW TO ACCESS OR CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT, MAKE INQUIRIES OR LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH REGARDS TO THIS POLICY AND EDWARD BEINER 'S PRIVACY PRACTICES? -
Edward Beiner will ensure that the personal information it collects is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. You are entitled to request access to and correction of your personal information collected by us. In order to make such a request, or if you have any questions or complaints in relation to this Policy and Edward Beiner ‘s privacy practices, please contact our privacy officer by writing to: 5817 Sunset Drive, South Miami, Florida 33143. If you have consented to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information as identified herein, please note that you can also withdraw your consent at any time by communicating with our privacy officer as provided above.
HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED? -
We will keep your personal information as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Policy or such longer period as may be required by applicable law.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURED? -
Edward Beiner has adopted appropriate measures to ensure the confidentiality of personal information and to safeguard personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, in light of, among other things, the sensitivity of the information and the purposes for which it is to be used. Furthermore, each and every Edward Beiner employee, mandatory or agent must abide by this Policy.
MOBILE PRIVACY -
When you use our mobile optimized website or our mobile application, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. Edward Beiner and our service providers may use and store this information to provide you with location based services, search results, and other personalized content. Edward Beiner will provide notifications only to those customers who accept to receive such notifications. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.